Sunday, August 7, 2011

First Week at Aastrom Biosciences

Posted by Amanda at Sunday, August 07, 2011

So I have finished the first week of my first rotation. YAY!!! This week has been pretty busy. Aastrom Biosciences is a pharmaceutical development company that focuses on biologics. They are currently using autologous cell therapy called ixmyelocel-T. They are currently working on study trials to get it approved for use in Critical Limb Ischemia and Dilated Cardiomyopathy.

The cool thing about Aastrom is that since it is such a small company, all the manufacturing and tests are done in the building where I work. The building is part of Domino Farms.

My first week has involved a lot of meetings and reading a LOT of papers.

So far I really like it here, the environment is very relaxed and the people here seem to be really happy.

No comments: