Wednesday, September 28, 2011

End of PICU

Posted by Amanda at Wednesday, September 28, 2011

That is a picture of my amazing preceptor Dr. Beckman, she taught me so much.

I finished my time in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and I am quite sad to go. I will miss all the kids from my unit. I wish I could stay with them. I learned a lot on my rotation. Being in the ICU you get to see a lot of disease states so that was what I liked the most. I get exposed to everything. I learned about typical topics like diabetes and asthma and then I had more complicated topics like bone marrow transplants and organ transplants. I really enjoyed my time in the PICU and it has definitely made me want to do a pediatric residency.

I also would like to note that the nurses that work in the PICU are amazing and that without them the unit would not be able to function.

No comments: