Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Preparing for the next step

Posted by Unknown at Wednesday, January 16, 2019

2019. This is the year I graduate from Pharmacy school. After 8 years at the University of Michigan I will finally be done! 

I've been doing a lot of reflecting recently as I am on the precipice of many major changes: the end of school, transitioning into the role of a practitioner, and possibly moving (with everything that entails). I think it is extremely important to take a step back and reflect on where you've been and where you hope to go at times like this. 

I am amazed at all I've learned and how much I've grown in the last 8 years. These years have provided me countless joys and moments of growth and I am so excited to see where the next 8 years bring me. 


I am so thankful for all the experiences and opportunities I've been blessed with because of my education, family, friends, and connections. I have been able to travel, learn from people different than me, discover what I'm passionate about and begin to make a plan for the rest of my life. 

Last rotation was my "Off rotation". At UofM we can choose to take one rotation off. I chose the last one so I could focus on residency applications, work at the hospital and have flexibility to be with family over the holidays. I had many great conversations reflecting on the past and dreaming about the future. I am so thankful I had this time to prepare for the next steps in my life. 

In just a few months things will be very different, and I am going into that change thankful and ready to take on the challenge. 

No comments: