Sunday, April 29, 2012

I've been everywhere, man!

Posted by Anna Polk at Sunday, April 29, 2012

Oh yeah- I’m supposed to be blogging!! I feel like I’ve been running in place for the past few months and I can never seem to quite catch up. It’s been quite a whirlwind since I last posted (in December- yikes!!) When we last chatted, I was right in the midst of residency applications, so let me bring you up to speed since then.

December: Finished up at the Ann Arbor VA and spent winter break in Germany. Worked on residency applications from Bavaria!! 
At Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria

January: Institutional rotation at St. Joes’s in Howell; spent a good amount time being thankful that it was the least snowy January ever!

February: Road-tripped with my mom for residency interviews!! We did Michigan to West Virginia to Arkansas then up to New York to stop in and see my brother. Then momma flew home and I continued to interviews in Connecticut and Boston. 

At Loretta Lynn's Kitchen in Hurricane Mills, TN


March: Drug info rotation at Natural Standard (and probably had too much fun while living in Boston for the month!)  It was my first time working with students from other pharmacy schools and I really loved that experience. 
Natural Standard's Angels


April: Infectious disease at UMHS (my first rotation where I actually got to hang out in the B2 pharmacy area- can you believe it!?)

Current: Ambulatory care geriatrics (and trying to stay focused for 3 more weeks- which will be even harder now that we sort-of graduated on Saturday)

The almost-PharmDs!! 

In the midst of all this, I was offered a job!!! It is at the company where I did my summer internship (you can check out all the details over on the summer experiences blog) and is pretty much my dream job! I struggled with the decision to forgo a residency, but in the end this was just too great of an opportunity to pass up! So in the end I could have had a much more relaxing December through February but it was all a great (albeit expensive) experience.

Okay, hopefully I’ve put enough pictures in that it looks like I wrote a long enough post to make up for my inexcusable four month hiatus. P4 year really does go by in the blink of an eye! 

No comments: